Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. We aim to be the best value creator in stainless by 2020, through our competitive edge of customer orientation and efficiency. The foundation of our business is our ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable and designed to last forever. Our customers use it to create civilization’s basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Outokumpu employs 10,000 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki.
We are looking for a Mine Planning Technician to join our Geology & Mine Planning team until end of 2020
We are offering highly interesting mine surrounding in the largest underground mining operation in Finland. Our annual ore production is approx. 2.4 million tons with exceptional long life of mine. We are currently working with DeepMine -project, goal is to excavate & construct new main level, primary crusher and shaft at 1000 meters depth till end of 2021.
Kemi mine produces chromium concentrates to feed Outokumpu’s own smelter in Tornio. Oxidic Chromium ore does not contain any sulfide minerals and our concentration process is based on gravimetry therefore our operational impact towards nature is minor.
As part of the mine planning team your main responsibilities are:
- Drill, blast and rock support planning for underground mining
- Processing, validating and maintaining surveying data for mined-out stope models
- Data collection, documentation and creating of action plans deviations in stoping
- Reconciliation of stoping
- Safety attitude – safety is always number one priority
- Degree from mining or relevant field (E.g. B.S. Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent)
- Previous work experience from mining activities and especially underground mining and mine planning
- Ability to use mine planning softwares (Deswik and/or Surpac)
- Ability to take the initiative, communicate and work as a team player
- Fluent in English or Finnish languages
For more information please contact Mine Planning Team Supervisor, Production Planning Engineer Petri Pykäläinen tel. +358401459707 and Geology & Mine Planning Manager Jaakko Ihanus tel. +358408428785.
Applications by 25th March 2020