We are looking for
The primary goal of this position is to act as a technical advisor in any work involving geotechnical engineering work including dam construction, dewatering structures and pit wall performance.
Your other responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate and review dike and tailings management facility (TMF) construction, including planning and implementing of QA/QC and instrumentation requirements
- Act as and support project management
- In close cooperation with the designer, review designs, approve design changes and material planning for dam and TMF construction
- Maintain updated accurate records of dam and TMF construction including as built, QA/QC and design reports
- Prepare or oversee the preparation and the update of tailings deposition plans
- Conduct various stability analysis internally or in collaboration with consultants
- Organize and review annual TMF and dam inspection
- Oversee the implementation of the TSM tailings guide
- University degree in either geotechnical engineering, geoengineering, geological engineering, mineral and mining engineering, civil engineering.
- A post-graduate degree specializing in the geotechnical field would be an asset.
- 5 to 10 years experience in geotechnical engineering.
- Experience in tailings dams or earth dams construction would be an asset.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work in teams and to lead a team
- Good knowledge of relevant Finnish legislations
- Good knowledge of geotechnical investigation techniques
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken Finnish and English
Please send your application to: email@example.com by March 25th, 2018.
More information from HSE Superintendent Jaakko Saukkoriipi after March 12th.
Tel. +358 50 439 0122, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agnico Eagle Finland Oy, subsidiary of Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, owns a gold mine in Kittilä and carries out mineral prospecting in the Nordic countries. The Kittilä mine is the largest primary gold producer in Europe; its operations are expected to continue until the mid-2030s according to current estimates. The mine produces currently approximately 200,000 ounces or 6,000 kilos of gold annually. Agnico Eagle employs almost 1,000 people in Kittilä, half of which are on the company’s payroll. We are a responsible and innovative gold producer whose well-established owner has invested heavily in Kittilä.
Rekrytoija: Agnico Eagle Finland Oy
Toimipaikka: Kittilä mine
Ilmoitus jatetty: 6.3.2018
Haku päättyy: 25.3.2018 klo 00:00
Kategoria: Lapin lääni