Boliden Kevitsa located in Sodankylä, Finland, is seeking a
The Kevitsa open-pit mine in northern Finland was acquired by Boliden in June 2016. The operation, which comprises a mine and a concentrator, went into operation in 2012 and is thus still in its ramp-up phase. The Kevitsa deposit – first discovered in 1987 – is one of the largest ever mineral discoveries in Finland. Currently, Kevitsa has 450 employees who work together with around 200 contractors.
Boliden Kevitsa requires the services of an experienced Mine Manager to lead and develop the mining department including mine production, mine geology and mine planning / engineering. Critical success factors include the execution of operations improvement programs and capital expenditure management. Mine Manager reports to the General Manager and is part of Boliden Kevitsa’s site management team.
Key areas of responsibilities and duties include:
- Lead all technical and operational aspects of mining activities
- Lead the mining team to ensure plans are delivered efficiently
- Lead the geology and mine planning sections
- Develop goals and strategies for the mining department
- Prepare budget for the mining department and continuously monitor the results
- Manage development activities according to strategic plan and budget
- Ensure excellent safety culture within the department and adhere to safe operating procedures throughout all mining activities
- Lead compliance with Health & Safety policies and Environmental Management Standards
- Provide leadership, guidance, support and back-up to all team members to increase efficiency and achieve targets whilst adhering to mine standards and legislation
- Complete talent pool analysis and ensure that individual development plans are approved and training opportunities available. Provide inputs to improve effectiveness of training and learning. Ensure that team members’ capabilities match the complexity of their roles.
The appointee will have:
- University, Master’s degree or similar relevant education in mining
- Previous experience as manager of mining or several years of experience from a leading position within mining industry
- Budget preparation and cost management experience
- Experience in mentoring, capacity building and/or leading diverse work teams
- Demonstrated understanding and enforcement of policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance and human resources
In addition to these requirements, the following would be well regarded:
- Fluent Finnish and English language skills
- Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
For more information, please contact Timo Mehto, Senior Consultant, SAM International, +358 40 7677 415, email@example.com
Welcome to an interesting job!
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, ambitious and resilient with a history of successful team leadership and goal achievement.
Please submit your application letter and CV online https://www.boliden.com/career/ by 28 February 2018.
Rekrytoija: Boliden Kevitsa Mining Oy
Toimipaikka: Kevitsan kaivos
Ilmoitus jatetty: 18.1.2018
Haku päättyy: 28.2.2018 klo 23:55
Työ alkaa: 2.4.2018
Kategoria: Lapin lääni