Latitude 66 Cobalt Oy (Lat66) is a cobalt and gold focused mineral resource discovery and mining development company with project areas across the Karelia Province of northern Finland. The company holds a significant land package of more than 6500 km2, including over 1000 km2 of the Kuusamo Schist Belt. We are headquartered in Oulu with a regional base of operations located in Kuusamo and Posio. Lat66 has a vision to be the major producer of cobalt for the Finnish and European market, while being industry leaders in the commitment to sustainable community relations and environmental preservation.
We are currently seeking Junior Geologists to join our exploration team starting in the beginning of June 2021 and continuing until August/September. Initially, the role will mainly involve geological mapping, boulder hunting, soil sampling and sample QAQC, as the Junior Geologist takes part in Lat66 regional exploration programs. Additionally, the Junior Geologist may also be rotated within the company to take part in diamond core drilling campaigns during the late summer 2021.
The role will be field-based and require someone hard-working, adaptable and with good initiative. The person must also be comfortable with hands-on work when necessary, and have a genuine passion and curiosity for geology, exploration and discovery.
This position is suited to a geology student or recent university graduate, or somebody with between 0 – 3 years of industry experience. It is strongly favourable if the candidate has studied or worked in exploration for gold and/or base metal mineralizing systems. Our company is expanding and there is good opportunity for someone motivated to advance quickly in our exploration team.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Effective communication with colleagues and contractors
• Geological mapping and surface outcrop and boulder sampling
• Soil sampling: digging small pits (30cm3) and extracting a sample of soil from the correct profile position
• Sampling according to high level QAQC sampling protocols
• Carrying out sample dispatch processes
• Ensure that geological and sampling data is digitally collected efficiently
• Contribute to geological and structural interpretations of target areas, producing maps
• Commitment to working safely and the promotion of safe working practices
• Working with Social and Community Relations team
• Core processing tasks
The successful candidate will possess:
• 0 – 3 years’ experience in mineral exploration or mining industry
• Studies in Geology/Geosciences
• Excellent verbal and written English, fluency in verbal and written Finnish
• Absolute commitment to workplace safety
• Manual driving license
• A comfort with basic accommodation and working outdoors in the full range of conditions
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
If you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, then we would like to hear from you! Please forward your CV, applicable academic records and a brief introductory cover letter by February 18th 2021 to:
Rekrytoija: Latitude 66 Cobalt Oy
Ilmoitus jatetty: 8.2.2021
Haku päättyy: 18.2.2021 klo 16:00
Työ alkaa: 1.6.2021
Kategoria: Oulun lääni