Latitude 66 Cobalt Oy (Lat66) is a cobalt and gold focused mineral resource discovery and mining development company with project areas across the Karelia Province of northern Finland. The company holds a significant land package of more than 6500 km2, including over 1000 km2 of the Kuusamo Schist Belt. We are headquartered in Oulu with a regional base of operations located in Kuusamo and Posio. Lat66 has a vision to be the major producer of cobalt for the Finnish and European market, while being industry leaders in the commitment to sustainable community relations and environmental preservation.
We are currently seeking Exploration Geologists to join our exploration team in the beginning of June 2021. We are looking for people for both permanent and fixed-term contracts.
Initially, the role will mainly involve geological mapping, boulder hunting, soil sampling and sample QAQC. Additionally, the Exploration Geologist may also be rotated within the company to take part in diamond core drilling campaigns during the late summer 2021.
The role will be field-based and require someone hard-working, adaptable and with good initiative. The person must also be comfortable with hands-on work when necessary, and have a genuine passion and curiosity for geology, exploration and discovery.
This position is suited to someone with between 1 – 5 years of industry experience. It is strongly favourable if the candidate has studied or worked in exploration for gold and/or base metal mineralizing systems. Our company is expanding and there is good opportunity for someone motivated to advance quickly in our exploration team.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Effective communication with colleagues and contractors
• Geological mapping, soil, outcrop, and boulder sampling
• Sampling according to high level QAQC sampling protocols
• Commitment to working safely and the promotion of safe working practices with colleagues and contractors
• Working with Social and Community Relations
• Core processing tasks
• Contribute to geological interpretations of target areas
The successful candidate will possess:
• 2 – 5 years’ experience in mineral exploration or mining industry
• BSc (or higher) degree in Geology, with a demonstrated high-level of geological understanding
• Excellent verbal and written English, fluency in verbal and written Finnish
• Absolute commitment to workplace safety
• Manual driving license
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Excellent communication skills
If you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, then we would like to hear from you! Please forward your CV, applicable academic records and a brief introductory cover letter by February 18th 2021 to:
Rekrytoija: Latitude 66 Cobalt Oy
Ilmoitus jatetty: 8.2.2021
Haku päättyy: 18.2.2021 klo 16:00
Työ alkaa: 1.6.2021
Kategoria: Oulun lääni