Project Geologist / Field Supervisor
Latitude 66 Cobalt Oy (Lat66) is a cobalt and gold focused mineral resource discovery and mining development company with project areas across the Karelia Province of northern Finland. The company holds a significant land package of more than 6500 km2, including over 1000 km2 of the Kuusamo Schist Belt. We are headquartered in Oulu with a regional base of operations located in Kuusamo and Posio. Lat66 has a vision to be the major producer of cobalt for the Finnish and European market, while being industry leaders in the commitment to sustainable community relations and environmental preservation.
We are currently seeking Project Geologists / Field Supervisors to join our exploration team in the beginning of June 2021. We are looking for people for both permanent and fixed-term contracts. Initially, the role will mainly involve supervising the regional geological mapping, boulder hunting and soil sampling programs. The role will be field-based and require someone hard-working, adaptable, and with good initiative.
This position is suited to somebody with between 4 – 8 years of mineral exploration industry experience. It is essential that the geologist has experience in sampling QAQC and is familiar with the process of mineral exploration in Finland. It is also essential that the candidate have a proficiency with GIS software and a solid understanding of gold and/or base metal mineralizing systems.
The successful candidate will possess:
• 4 – 8 years’ experience in mineral exploration or mining industry
• BSc (or higher) degree in Geology, with a demonstrated high-level of geological understanding
• Experience in sampling QAQC
• Experience in geochemical sampling
• A strong work ethic and demonstration of, or aspirations to, excel in the field of mineral exploration and discovery
• Excellent verbal and written English, fluency in verbal and written Finnish
• Absolute commitment to workplace safety
• Manual driving license
• Proficiency with GIS software or 3D geological software
If you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, then we would like to hear from you! Please forward your CV, applicable academic records and a brief introductory cover letter by February 18th 2021 to: email@example.com
Rekrytoija: Latitude 66 Cobalt Oy
Ilmoitus jatetty: 8.2.2021
Haku päättyy: 18.2.2021 klo 16:00
Työ alkaa: 1.6.2021
Kategoria: Oulun lääni